Monday, July 26, 2010

Mud Volleyball

This past weekend I had the chance to "work" one of my favourite events of the summer, Mud Volleyball.

Gentle Shepherd Community Church has been organizing the tournament for the past 22 years, I was last there 5 years ago. Youth groups from across Ontario travel to Flesherton each year to take part in this tournament, and this year was no different.

Crystal and I were put on one of Gentle Shepherd's "fun" teams. (ie: not their best) After winning our first game, we lost the second to last year's champs from St Paul's. It was after the second game that Crystal was recruited by the Gentle Shepherd "A-team" because they needed another girl. Crystal was pumped! (She loves to win more than most people)

I remained on the B-team, and we ended up in 3rd in our division. Crystal and the A-team won their division and made it to the finals against the defending champs.

The championship game was a battle. Long rallies and momentum swings in abundance. When the final point was scored the host team from Gentle Shepherd were victorious. Their first win in almost 15 years.

Despite the fact my team didn't win, it was a win for me. The rain held off, we rolled in the mud and made some new friends. All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment