Monday, July 19, 2010

Be Still

Vacation.

For some people their ideal vacation would be sitting on a beach somewhere warm for 5 days straight.  Not me.  Maybe it's because our family vacations growing up consisted of organized busy-ness.  We'd have an itinerary to follow.  Disney on Monday, Epcot on Tuesday, Busch Gardens on Wednesday, and on it went.  We wanted to experience [insert destination here] and we had a plan to make sure it happened.

Maybe that's why yesterday was a frustrating day for me.  I don't get a lot of free time, so I like to plan out what time I have to maximize a) time enjoying the nice weather, b) time with Crystal, c) time with friends & family, d) time travelling/exploring/experiencing smoething new, e) time accomplishing something with my life.

Looking back on yesterday, I didn't accomplish much.  Went to church in the morning, took a nap and watched a movie.  Pretty sad isn't it?  I had almost an entire day off and I had nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

Crystal says it's good to just "do nothing" every once in a while.  I disagree.  I've only got so many days on this earth, I want to squeeze as much out of them as possible.  I want to come to the end of my life and be able to say I emptied the tank.  I gave it everything I had.  I didn't waste any time that was made available to me.

In Psalms it says we are to "be still."  We are command to observe the sabbath. 

I guess I have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment