Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Born Again

To say the Newsboys are "Born Again" is a bit of an understatement.  The release of their 15th album marks a new chapter in their legacy.

I used to be a big fan of the Newsboys.  Back in the Not Ashamed, Shine & Going Public days, with John James at the helm.  When John James elected to leave the band, (Peter Furler moved from the drum-kit to the mic), my love for the band left as well.

The Newsboys were no longer a rock band, they had morphed into yet another worship band.  I guess it's bound to happen right?  You're teenage fans become 35 year-old moms with kids and a minivan.  You've got to change with them.

But with the addition of Michael Tait to front of the Newsboys lineup, they seem to have returned to their rock roots.  It makes me smile.

While I'm not ready to move them back into my top 10 favourite bands, I enjoyed the heavier side of "Born Again". 

Well done fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment