Monday, June 18, 2007

Brew Crew

On the weekends, when I'm not at the radio station, you can usually find me playing baseball somewhere in Central/Southern Ontario. I play in the Ontario Senior Baseball Association, (www.leaguelineup.com/ontarioseniorbaseball) on the Barrie Brewers. During our winter workouts, I thought we looked pretty good. We added some very good ball players in the offseason, and I figured we'd be a stronger squad than last year. It appears as though I was wrong. We've yet to win a game (0-11) and the way we lose is just ugly! Whether it's because we can't catch fly balls, or ground balls go through our legs, or we just don't hit, we always find ways to lose the game. Now they have been closer the last couple games, but I think this losing is starting to wear on the team. Don't get me wrong... I still love playing, I just wish we could win some more games, (or maybe a game). I'm sure we'll bust out of this slump soon, hopefully in time to still make a run at the playoffs.