Tuesday, September 14, 2010

WWGD (The Half Way Report)

A couple weeks ago I started reading What Would Google Do?, and I'm about halfway through at this point, so I thought I'd give you a quick synopsis.

It's an interesting read, and a lot of the idea and concepts presented go against conventional knowledge. The book (so far) is about giving up control. In the Web 2.0 world it's all about interaction, and the community building the product, all you do is provide the platform. Instead of having people come to you, you need to go to them whenever and however you can. When the community creates the content, they will be more loyal to your product. People invest time and effort into building the product, they won't walk away like they would if you simply fed them what you think they want. They are invested in you. In the "Google economy" you will grow by building platforms to help others prosper.

It's an interesting concept, letting the community build your product. I'll post the full review/synopsis when I finally finish the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment