Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Identity Crisis

I'm not sure if you've heard this story about a rather interesting Florida Pastor, and his plans for September 11th, but it has got me confused.

I've searched my Bible, and I couldn't find where Jesus calls us to burn the holy books from other religions.  And I doubt "Burn A Quran Day" is going to cause Muslims across North America to come running to the altar to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.  (Never mind the fact that the military is asking him to cancel the community bonfire)  I'm not sure about this Dove World Outreach Center "outreach," but I doubt this is what Jesus had in mind.

It's too bad the Muslim extremists and the Christians extremists get all the media attention.  I'm sure there are people from both beliefs that are doing good in the world.  Feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and comforting the hurting, but they are seldom heard from. 

I know people like this are the minority, it just bothers me when they get the airtime on major networks and speak on behalf of Christians everywhere.  I think my reaction is the same as many non-believers, if that's what a Christian is, I don't want to be one.  It's up to us to show them this guy, and others like him, do not speak for all of us.

1 comment: