Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Resilient Parasites

What’s the most resilient parasite? An Idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules.

Inception is a FANTASTIC movie. If you haven't seen it, you need to.

I recently read that there are 3 kinds of people in the world. The Dreamers (those with lots of ideas), The Doers (those who get the job done) and The Incrementalists (those who have ideas, then make them happen). Unfortunately I am a dreamer.

I have A TON of ideas. Ideas how to create environments for non-church people to encounter Jesus. Ideas how to create a work environment that inspires people to do great work. Ideas how to awaken the creative spirit God created us with. Ideas how to reach youth and young adults that ditch church as soon as they leave home. Ideas how to create a radio station that challenges Christians and attracts non-Christians. Lots of ideas.

I can give you a million ideas, but actually executing them is not my forte. Some of the ideas aren't feasible. Some of the ideas require more money than is available. Lots of the ideas get stashed away for "another day." I tend to dream too big.

But what about the ideas that can happen today? Those ideas that can be implemented now? It ain't gonna happen. Why not?

I'm not a doer.

It's not that I can't do it, it's that I don't. Why? I don't know. Maybe I'm lazy. (Although I've taken a couple tests that say I'm prone to being a workaholic) Maybe I have the ideas, but I'm not in a position where I can work on seeing them come to life? Maybe I need to wait.

I hate waiting.

Good thing ideas don't die.

No comments:

Post a Comment