Monday, March 22, 2010

Maybe It's Spring

Spring is officially here, and despite the dip in temps this week, I find myself coming out of hibernation. I don't know what has gotten in to me lately, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

You see I haven't been sleeping the last couple nights. Why? Because my mind won't allow it. My mind has gone into overdrive thinking about all the things I want to do before the icy death of winter returns. Things like:
- Go camping
- Climb a mountain
- Ride downhill at Blue with my brother
- Canoe the Nottawasaga
- Go rock-climbing
- Skimboard
- Drive down the California coast
- Win the Toronto edition of City Chase
- Travel to Golden and Kelowna
- Seadoo on Lake Simcoe
- Go whitewater rafting
- Stand-up paddle from Centennial Beach to Big Bay Point
- Go cliff jumping
- Ride in an ultra-light

I realize most of these will not happen, (at least not this year), but my imagination doesn't care. In that in between sleep/awake state my mind starts to race, my heart rate picks up, I might even start to sweat. No way I can fall asleep like that.

Any (non-drug induced) ideas to help me catch some ZZZZZZZZ?

No comments:

Post a Comment