Friday, March 5, 2010

Favourite Things Friday

Bit of a theme for today's Favourite Things Friday. It's my favourite things on TV.

DEPARTURES
If you're a regular reader of the blog, you know I love to travel. I think I might actually have a dietary need to travel. Seriously, I'm sure it's a medical condition - "exploritis" or "travelungus".

Since I am unable to just pack-up my life and go see the world, I have to find another way to satisfy that craving. Enter the Departures, the "crack" to my travel addiction.

It's about 2 high-school friends from Brantford (Scott and Justin) who quit their jobs and decide to travel the world for a year. A friend of Scott's (Andre) films the trip, and captures it in such an amazing way. The guy captures some amazing footage, and has won a couple Gemini Awards for his work. (The India episodes from season 1 are amazing!) The best part, is that they don't do the typical tourist things, they try to experience the country like the locals do,

Tomorrow I'm one of the lucky 300 who get to experience Departures in a new way. Crystal and I are heading down to the Great Hall in Toronto for the Departures VIP Gala! YES! Cocktails, hor d'oeuvres, Q&A with the cast and a premiere screening of season 3! I'm so pumped!


THE BURIED LIFE
A couple weeks ago my sister sent me a text asked if I had seen The Buried Life on MTV. (I hadn't.) My sister is a pretty chill chick, so I decided to check it out. I LOVE it! It's about these 4 guys (from BC) that made a list, "100 Things To Do Before We Die", and set out to cross off each item on the list. BUT there's a catch. For every item they check off their list, they also help someone else do something on their list. It's a good show, and it's on MTV. MTV! Did you hear what I said... errr... read what I wrote? A redeeming show on MTV. Amazing.


THE DALLAS STARS
We don't get a lot of Dallas Stars games in Central Ontario. In fact, unless they play the Leafs, or are the featured game on TSN, we don't see them at all. But that's why I love playoff time. I get to watch my Dallas Stars play, and it's great hockey. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they'll be making a run deep into the playoffs this year, so I probably won't be seeing much of them on the tube. But when they ARE on... I'm watching.

1 comment:

  1. "exploritis" or "travelungus" - haha I have the same disease!

    great post, I definitely want to check out this departures site!

    I like that you do favourites friday. creative, I dig!

    ReplyDelete