Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What No One Else Is Doing

"To reach people no one else is reaching, we must do things no one else is doing" - Craig Groeschel


I LOVE that quote. People ask me why I attend the church I do, (I'm not really sure why they ask that), and that's why. My heart is for the 90% of people in Central Ontario who attend Bedside Baptist (with Pastor Pillow & Sister Sheets) on Sunday morning. The people who have no interest in going to church. The people my church is trying to reach. Georgian College is just down the street from the studio here in Barrie, and of the 10,000 students that attend Georgian, how many of them are going to a church on Sunday? How many of them are going to the bar on Thursday or Friday night?

Is my church perfect? No. Far from it. Do they hit a homerun with everything they try? No. But that's not why I go on a weekly basis. I believe in their vision to reach people that no one else is trying to reach. I believe in taking risks and trying something new, even if it bombs. I believe in trying something that no one else is doing, in an effort to reach people no one else is reaching.

Why do I go to the church I do? That's why I go to the church I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment