Monday, April 22, 2013

Time To Start

Today is release day for a book I've been anxiously awaiting for a while now. Today is the day Jon Acuff releases his new book: Start. I pre-ordered it and can't wait to lock myself away and devour it once it arrives in my mailbox. 

What's the book about? It's about doing something awesome. 
About punching fear in the face.
About doing something with your life that matters.
That is something that resonates deep inside me.

There are voices that say: "You're too old."
"You need to be 'responsible' and avoid risk."
"Don't rock the boat."
"You've got an ok thing going here. Do you want to lose it all?"
"You're not qualified."
I believe those voices are wrong.

I feel like Jon and I are kindred spirits.
When he speaks about being stuck. I'm right there.
When he shares about getting glimpses of awesome, then having to go back to average. I feel it.
When he admits to wanting the process to go faster. He's reading my mail.

At the risk of sounding like a groupie, I'm picking up with whatever he's putting down.

While I haven't read the book yet, I am going to take the risk of recommending anyway.


At least check out the website: http://TheStartBook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment