Monday, October 22, 2007

Get In On The Action

Yesterday was a super day! It was sunny, hot and the perfect day to shoot a video. A video? A video. Station manager Scott Jackson is obsessed with cycling, and he wanted to shoot a video of him biking to Orillia, and so Sunday was the wrap-up day for filming. At one point during our shoot he asked if I would write about it on the Wonderblog, to which I replied "I don't know." He then talked about how if I wanted something exciting on the page, then I should post the video, and talk about it. Now granted, I did enjoy myself, I don't think I could get into cycling. I liked riding downhill because you went fast, went off some jumps, narrowly avoided serious injury a number of times per run and I got to wear body armour. None of that is present in road cycling. I still respect road cyclists, they are in pretty good shape, but I just don't think it's for me. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind, and when I hit 50 maybe I'll get some enjoyment out of it... But for now, I'll stick to my sports.