Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Running Together

We were at my parents' for Thanksgiving last weekend and stayed overnight to avoid a drive back north with a tired and (potentially) grumpy baby.
My sister had completed the CIBC Run For The Cure run last weekend in Toronto, so I asked if she wanted to go for a run the next morning to work off some of the prior night's feast. She agreed and said we'll do a 5K.

"No problem" I thought.


So the next morning we had a quick breakfast and made our way to the track for our little 5K. I started strong, keeping up with her spry 22 year-old legs, but by lap 3 I was sucking wind and it was no longer fun. By lap 5 (just past 1/3 of the way) I was ready to pull the chute.

But I didn't.

Know why?

She wouldn't let me.

She kept me accountable. Cheered me on. Encouraged me.

It's the same in all areas of our lives. Business, personal, spiritual.

Who's running with you? Who is cheering you on and keeping you from pulling the chute on life?

No comments:

Post a Comment