Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Didn't Want To...

This morning we talked about something that you never intended on liking, but it happened anyway. We got a number of responses. From running, to playing hockey, to photography.

Eating beef liver even got some love.

The reason for the question was this song. I would never say I'm a fan of Matt Redman, so when I first heard this song my feeling was 'meh'. Nothing earth-shattering, but a decent song.

Then we started singing it on Sunday morning and it grew on me. Last weekend on the student ministry retreat it was part of the worship set and that was the clincher. A room full of students singing at the top of their lungs.

Now when the chorus hits I'm transported to another dimension. My eyes close and I'm a goner.

Ever had a song sneak up on you like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment