Friday, August 27, 2010

Eager Anticipation

In just over a month (Oct 8) the NHL kicks off for the Dallas Stars. I can't wait.

I know we're not even out of August, and I do not want the warm weather to leave us, BUT I can't wait to get back on the ice.

I was in the basement earlier this week and looked over at my hockey gear hanging in the corner. I miss it. I miss playing three times a week. I miss watching the Stars on TSN. I miss studying the box scores and stats, trying to maintain my dominance of our hockey pool.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to hit the ice three times a week this year, but I'm going to try my hardest. Hockey is my release. It is how I wind down and blow off some steam.

The Dallas Stars will look like a very different team this year. No Mike Modano. No Marty Turco. My 2 favourite players have left the lone star state, but I will remain faithful to the Stars. I'll just have to cheer for Morrow, Richards and Benn.

No comments:

Post a Comment