Tuesday, October 7, 2008

T-Minus One Week

In one week we'll be electing our next Prime Minister. Who it'll be is anyone's guess. It's kinda funny because I find myself more interested in the election south of the border than our own. In fact, I think I know more about John McCain, Sarah Palin, Barack Obama and Joe Biden than I do of any of our candidates. But no matter which side of the border you're on, you're going to have to make a choice. In the past Christians have been told to vote for a certain party based solely on 2 issues: Abortion and Same-Sex Marriage. But there seems to be a bit of a shift going on. No longer are people listening to the Falwells and Dobson's of the Christian sub-culture. People are starting to think for themselves and looking at the candidates stance on other issues as well. (Issues like the poor, war, etc) Last week George Stroumboulopoulos (I had to look up the spelling) had Tony Campolo on The Hour to talk politics. It was REALLY good. If you have 10 minutes to spare you need to watch it. He's got some really good things to say.
Watch it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment