Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Do You Dream?

If you know me, you know I'm a dreamer. I like to think big. I like to imagine what life could be like if everyone had a chance to experience God. I like to think I could play a part in God revealing himself to people in Central Ontario, and more specifically Barrie. I'm reading a book by Erwin McManus right now, called "Wide Awake." It talks a lot about dreaming, and how God has planted a dream inside each of us. (See the trailer below) It's been challenging me a lot. It seems every time I read one of Erwin's books it stirs up something deep within me. Maybe because he talks a lot about adventure, living an extraordinary life and taking risks. All things that resonate with me. If I could take 6 months a year, and set them aside for missions trips I would be so pumped! From building an orphanage in Africa, to working with former sex slaves in Thailand, to rebuilding homes in New Orleans, to working a camp for abuse victims in Trinidad... that would be sweet! Or closer to home, what if there was a place that nurtured dreams? That encouraged creativity? That was a gathering point for thinkers, artists, musicians and dreamers alike? What if that place was one of the tools God used to encounter his people? I believe that place can exist. Maybe it's the dreamer in me, but I want to be a part of it when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment