Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wishing For What Won't Come

Is it wrong to long for something you can't have? Am I coveting? OK, let me explain. We have a spare bedroom in our condo, which acts as a storage locker, (since we don't have one.) The spare room is home to suitcases, a drying rack, our computer, a sofa-bed, bookcases and some of my sporting items. That's where the issue is. Everyday I walk into the room and see my skimboard, golf clubs and skateboard sitting in the corner, (that seems ok right?) But those items are causing me to covet. "Covet something you own?" you ask. Well covet is defined as "To wish for longingly." And if that's the case, then yes I do covet. I see these things and I wish longingly for summer. I wish longingly that I could go to the beach in the morning. I wish longingly that I could go play a round of golf. I wish longingly that I could wear flip-flops and board shorts again. I am coveting. I feel like I should be going to a Coveters Anonymous meeting this weekend. I don't think I'm alone in this though. It's been snowing for the past 3 months straight. There have to be other people who share this sentiment with me... right?