Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday

Today marks the 8 year anniversary since Life 100.3 signed on in their studios at 14 High street in Barrie. It funny looking back at the Slammin' Top50 charts on the website. In 1999 you find names like Chris Rice and Steven Curtis Chapman on the chart. 2001 has the likes of Plus One, Swish and LaRue. Christian music sure has come a long way in the past 8 years. I remember being in school and listening online to Mike C host the Slam... telling myself that one day I'd like to do that. Now here I am, hosting the Slam and maybe my replacement is listening online somewhere and saying the same thing. 8 years ago I'm sure the staff had no idea they'd be adding repeaters in Peterborough, Owen Sound and Huntsville. Maybe in 7 more years we'll look back and say "Wow! look at far far we've come in the last 15 years." Maybe we'll become Canada's Christian Superstation?