Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Do You Vote?

I read an article on MTV.com today, that was penned in reaction to a previous article about how many Christians are on American Idol, and how Christian viewers are inclined to vote for them. (Read the article here) While I agree that it is quite likely that Christians would vote for other Christians, I don't think it's right. It's actually a pet peeve of mine, as soon as something is labelled "Christian," believers flock to it like gluttons to an all-you-can-eat buffet. They don't take the time to critically analyse the song/tv show/movie like they would if it didn't have the magic label. (Maybe I'll go deeper into that in a future post.)

But my question to you is this: "How do you vote?" Do you vote for the best singer, or do you vote for the Christian singer because you are yourself a Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment