- A prominent Christian leader calimed that events like 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina are God's judgement on homosexuals.
- Christians protest gays in politics. (What makes them any less qualified?)
- Christians use derogatory terms for homosexuals.
- Christians have protested hiring of homosexual teachers in schools
- (In their study) 42% of Christians would leave a church where the pastor has an addiction to pornography, and 89% of Christians would leave a church where the pastor struggles with homosexuality.
Don't get me wrong, I believe it's a sin, but all sin is the same to God. I think that the church sees the homosexual community as modern day lepers. People who we wouldn't want to go near, for fear of catching their disease. The scary thing is, how are these people ever going to experience Jesus? They probably will never set foot in a church for fear of judgement. Christians? Those are the people that protest any events the gay community puts on. Where are they going to experience Jesus? I think it's sad that the Christian sub-culture has turned them into animals, rather than people. If I had a choice of 2 political candidates, (one being gay, one being born-again) would I pick the Christian one? Not necessarily. I'd pick the one who is better suited to lead. We shouldn't let someone's orientation blur our vision.
Maybe it's time we started changing how we view those outside of the church... Started seeing the world through God's eyes. At least that's my prayer tonight.