Wednesday, December 5, 2012

James Reimer - Class Act

Last Thursday night I had the pleasure of hosting Faith Night With The Peterborough Petes with special guest James Reimer from the Toronto Maple Leafs. He might be the nicest celebrity/athlete I have ever met. Let me explain...

Usually (if autographs are an option) you stand in line, while the celebrity quickly signs whatever is put in front of them. They often have a 'handler' that tells people to move along and discourages any verbal interaction longer than 5 seconds. You get your autograph, but it's not a great experience.

James Reimer was not like that. He would talk to people as they approached the table and seemed genuinely interested in them. Even when asked "Why don't you guys and the owners just sign a deal and get back to playing hockey?", he responded with grace and a smile. We tore down the LIFE set-up and were heading out the door, and James was still sitting at his table talking to a fan. I'm telling you, that guy is a class act.

I'm still not a Leafs fan, but I'll admit I'm cheering for James Reimer now.



No comments:

Post a Comment