Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August Long Weekend

This past weekend Crystal and I ventured away from home for the first time since Kai was born 3 weeks ago. The three of us made our way north to spend some time with my family at the cottage. While it took us a good couple hours packing the car and transporting everything we own (at least that's what it felt like) up to the cottage, it was well worth it.

My parents cooked for us and looked after Kai, allowing Crystal and I to spend some time at the beach and nap in the hammock. I cannot express how thankful I am for my parents. Over the past 3 weeks they have been so helpful.

Sure, they probably want to spend time with Kai, but their first priority is to make life easier for us. Not that there is anything wrong with people coming over to see the baby, it's just so nice when they come over and clean the house for us, or cook us dinner and take care of the dishes afterwards. Then, if time allows they'll take turns holding Kai.

So... to Mom and Dad (Grandma and Grandpa), thanks so much for helping to make this transition into parenthood as smooth as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment