Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back To The Motherland?

There are times when I dream of moving to Estonia. I've been there on a number of missions trips, and each time I have fallen more in love with the land of my ancestors.

I understand why my grandparents fled... To escape communist rule and the promise of a better life in the West, makes sense to me. And while I am very thankful for the sacrifice they made, sometimes my mind wanders and I wonder what life would be like if I was to move back to Eesti.

No longer under Russian occupation and developing at a rapid pace, it seems like a good place to live. Plus I love the old-world charm of Europe.

I came across a link today that compares countries in a number of categories. So I plugged in Canada vs Estonia. The results were surprising.

Looks like Canada is a much better place to live.

I guess we're pretty lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment