Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Too Cool For Family

Teenagers are interesting people. They are moody, overly emotional, people who are going through a lot of big changes. It's a tough time for just about everyone. I remember when my brother was a teen, and he did not like going out with his family. Out to dinner with the 'rents? No way! Spend a day at the cottage with the fam? Fat chance! He's outgrown that now, but for a couple years, he did not want to be seen with his uncool family. It's not just him either... it seems most teenagers go through this phase. Why do I bring this up? Well, I was watching "Life Of Ryan" and I noticed he's not like that. Ryan Sheckler [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Sheckler], who has every reason to ignore his family, doesn't. He's all over tv kissing his little brothers, hanging out with pops and being a model brother/son. I've got to admit, it was nice to see. Now I know he's not perfect, but when it comes to his family, Ryan Sheckler holds it down.